Do you have 5 years’ industry related experience in buying or business development with excellent negotiating skills?
Want to work for SA’s leading online retailer
The role is based in Cape Town and reports to the Promotions Division Manager.
- Tertiary qualifications
- 5 years’ industry related experience in buying or business development
- Excellent track record of negotiations with ability to negotiate with a merchant mindset
- Existing industry networks (ADVANTAGEOUS)
- Able to interpret data to make informed decisions
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Good EXCEL
- Smart creative – willingness to innovate and take calculated risks
- Deliver against key finance and service level performance indicators: Turnover, margin, stock cover, selection
- Negotiate deal pricing and/or rebates on deals
- Build the deals pipeline in correct product mix (assortment and depth)
- Inventory management
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers whilst seeking out new ones
- Continuously assess industry and market trends locally and internationally
- Plan and executive joint marketing activities with suppliers and vendors
- Work closely with Division Managers and Buyers to ensure strategic alignment
- Work closely with Customer Service to resolve deal related queries
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.