Calling experienced Department Managers with 3- 4 years’ online retail experience and who are B.Com qualified.
Here is your opportunity to work for SA’s leading on-line retailer.
The role is based in Cape Town and reports to the Divisional Manager.
- Bachelor’s Commerce degree
- 3 years commercial/retail experience
- Strong analytical ability – able to use data to inform decisions, identify the root cause and resolve problems
- Strong willingness to learn
- Proven track record of negotiation and stakeholder management
- Entrepreneurial/commercial mindset
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Ability to manage self and an assistant according to clear prioritization and structured planning
- Ability to build lasting supplier relationships and manage according to SLAs (existing industry networks a significant plus)
- Understanding of the key business drivers within online retail
- Develop a comprehensive strategy/plan to drive growth across the department in sales, brands, suppliers and new product listings
- Source and prioritize new brands and suppliers according to this growth plan and in line with market trends and consumer demand
- Deliver against key financial and service level performance indicators within the department (sales, margin, listings availability, stock cover etc.)
- Manage and develop supplier relationships, negotiate good prices, improve trading terms and manage suppliers according to strict SLAs
- Develop a promotional program, source great deals and manage site merchandising for the department
- Support the operations team in delivering a world-class customer experience – monitor department returns, support the customer service team on product queries and resolving any customer complaints
- Manage stock and availability (including replenishment orders, stock cover)
- Support performance improvement initiatives for the Retail team as a whole
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.