Do you have extensive pharmaceutical experience with at least 10 years in senior management roles? Want to be part of a company that’s making history?
We have an incredible opportunity to join one of the fastest growing cannabis companies in the world. With headquarters in Canada, this listed company and its subsidiaries are leading producers of legal, regulated
The role is based in Cape Town and requires occasional travel.
Responsible for all areas of medical marketing, sales, research and medical affairs as well as the development of the medical strategy including educational activities for all therapeutic areas. This role interacts internally with all operational areas at a national, regional and global level.
Overall responsibility for the following areas within the medical division:
- Medical affairs – work closely with and manage the Director of Medical Affairs to educate and train key medical influencers on medical cannabis. Ensure the brand is the dominant and trusted leader in this space.
- Clinical research – work closely with the Director of Medical Research and head office in Canada to design, co-ordinate and manage all clinical research on medical cannabis.
- Marketing and sales – overall responsibility for these functions including full P&L responsibility.
- Relevant completed post graduate degree.
- Honours / Masters qualification advantageous.
- 20 years’ pharmaceutical experience with at least 10 years in senior management roles.
- Related professional registrations and association with industry related bodies.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong work ethic and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- In collaboration with the Global Marketing Director in Canada, build, implement and optimize the strategic direction of all marketing functions across Africa.
- Lead the development and execution of the medical strategy for Africa with full staff and division responsibility.
- Compile all medical related operating expense and staff budgets and drive P&L compliance.
- Work closely with the Africa Regional Managing Director to provide strategic updates, objectives and guidance for medical market development.
- Drive a high-performance culture by fostering innovation, collaboration, customer focus, personal accountability and a commitment for results.
- Establish marketing excellence principles to ensure timely, accurate and compliant promotional and educational materials and activities.
- Measure and report on the performance of all medical marketing & education activities.
- Ensure product innovation is effectively launched in the market.
- Ensure a clear understanding of the regulatory environment and framework and work closely with the QA and legal departments to ensure full compliance.
- Ownership of the medical strategy and applicable teams for all markets in Africa.
- Generate plans-of-action that grow market share, brand awareness and growth.
- Lead insight and research projects to bring greater insight to the medical cannabis market.
- Keep a pulse on market and competitive trends and recognize opportunities for growth and manage risk.
- Attend and present at appropriate meetings.
ONLY THOSE WITH THE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.